PDA

View Full Version : LC for Fibromyalgia?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

brunett43
Wed, May-18-11, 06:11
Hello everyone!

This is my first post as I've been lurking in this site for about 2 weeks now.
I'm a 51 yr old female. Several years ago I weighed 145 lbs 5' 6" and was lean with muscle. I was very active and healthy. Between 2003-05 I had 3 auto accidents (not my fault).
I suffered a minor brain injury, quad 2 whiplash and a low back injury. At the time I was a sales consultant. Everything went down hill from there as I continue to have chronic pain. I was put on a cocktail of meds but after 3 years I dumped them down the toilet as I believe they made me sicker. During this time my weight skyrocketed and I have since gained 80lbs. I have since been doing a ton of research on how to heal myself. Because of pain and depression I have a very low appetite. And couldn't understand how I put on all this weight. I think I was starving myself, so every morsel was stored as fat. During my recent research I discovered Gary Taubes. And a light bulb went off. I realized that my diet had changed, as I was consuming mostly carbs and avoiding proteins. Because I have PCOS, I think I've become insulin resistant.

No doctor will listen to me as I challenge them with my research, I'm on my own now to regain my health. My stress level is very high as I have been in litigation regarding my accidents for 8 yrs now. I think the stress is also a factor in my weight (high cortisol).

After reading Taubes books, I reversed my food intake. The first weeks was great, I had an energy that I hadn't felt in many years. But the 2nd & 3rd week I crashed. The last couple of days have been better again. I've been tracking my food intake but can't get my calorie intake past 1000 cals daily.
I have so far lost about 8 lbs. but seem to have stalled. But my clothes feel looser. I'm figuring it's because I've become more active and I'm trying to walk daily (weather permitting).

So I am on a journey, trying to regain health, and prevent my death, (as my insurance co. is hoping for) My research has led me to believe that modern medicine is a bad joke. And my only savior is myself. Knowledge is power and I myself, will heal my body and restore it to where it was before.

Teresa
London, ON, Canada

Honeynajar
Wed, May-18-11, 07:55
"And my only savior is myself. Knowledge is power and I myself, will heal my body and restore it to where it was before. "
Way to take control and be YOUR best advocate Teresa! This alone is the start of a VERY good journey for you! Keep your chin up!!! YOU CAN DO THIS! YOU GO GIRL!

kaylakala
Wed, May-18-11, 08:05
Glad to see you found us!
Wow you have really been through an awful lot!!
Check out the resources in the PLAN you can track you food intake fairly easily and start a journal. I find that mine really helps me with more than just my diet.
Goodluck!!

Sillygoose
Thu, May-19-11, 09:49
I wish you all the best on this journey! I think you seem to have an amazing amount of perserverance! Keep it up!