PDA

View Full Version : newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dmichelleb
Tue, May-17-11, 13:15
Hi gang. I'm a Hospice Nurse in Ottumwa IA. Struggled w/ wt. since H.S. Have more than 100 to lose. Tried this before & lost wt., but finally had to have some comfort carbs. How do you ever get over that?

gonwtwindo
Thu, May-19-11, 08:55
#1 I put a lot of effort into cooking luscious stuff. Check this out:

http://genaw.com/lowcarb/induction_menus/induction_menus.html

Click on a menu and all the recipes for the day come up...click on the recipe and you'll see a picture. These have become my new comfort foods. If you don't put some time and effort into preparing something yummy to eat, the diet will seem too limiting. I was in that rut and it is no fun!

Linda has plenty of other recipes, too that are delicious. Snoop around the site a bit, make a plan and get to the store. That is my best advice. I have to have something interesting and yummy to eat or I make bad food choices.

I too lost (60 lbs) then regained. I just don't want to do that again, but who knows how long my resolve will last. I do know that I have to make the effort. Every day that I at least maintain my weight is a hedge against gain. A loss is worth being really happy for!

Anyway welcome again and I wish you the best. :)

ShaneInMN
Thu, May-19-11, 10:22
Agreed with the luscious foods. Last night I made some juicy lucy burgers (for those who don't know, its a hamburger patty with cheese on the inside). I stopped eating bread with my hamburgers when I started LC and this was the first time I tried it that way. It was amazing, Some chopped pickles and lettuce on the side with low carb ketchup, mayo, and dijon mustard. I just cut the burger up and eat it with the veggies and "dips" on the side, and it's really just as good as a regular burger.

We've been able to get our kid to the point where he eats our low carb dinners, and doesn't complain. All of the food is flavored well, so missing out on the carbs doesn't seem like such a shock to the palette.

Best of luck and don't hold back on seasonings, they make a world of difference.