PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

shannone10
Mon, May-16-11, 21:14
Hi! I just registered. I've been doing Atkins for a bit over two weeks and lost at lest ten pounds. It really isn't difficult at all. I would never have thought of myself as a carbo-holic. No sweet tooth at all.

I tried the SB lifestyle, starting in September. As of May I had lost 15 pounds. 15 pounds in seven months and I was stalled. I came to Atkins via reading articles about Gary Taubes. I think the science really makes sense.

Anyway, everything has been going fine. Today was the first day that I really felt hungry. And I felt hungry for good things like chicken salad. Is this unusual? Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Then I got busy and had to postpone dinner. By 10pm I was really hungry.

Is this normal?

Thank you!

cnmLisa
Mon, May-16-11, 21:22
Hi! I just registered. I've been doing Atkins for a bit over two weeks and lost at lest ten pounds. It really isn't difficult at all. I would never have thought of myself as a carbo-holic. No sweet tooth at all.

I tried the SB lifestyle, starting in September. As of May I had lost 15 pounds. 15 pounds in seven months and I was stalled. I came to Atkins via reading articles about Gary Taubes. I think the science really makes sense.

Anyway, everything has been going fine. Today was the first day that I really felt hungry. And I felt hungry for good things like chicken salad. Is this unusual? Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Then I got busy and had to postpone dinner. By 10pm I was really hungry.

Is this normal?

Thank you!

Hmmmmm....

You were hungry for something healthy.

There's only one way to answer that. Yes. That is a good thing.

The more imprtant question is when it was 10 o'clock and you were finally hungry, what did you eat?

Something to remember...

Being a carboholic is not just about sweets. It's about starch, wheat, and grains too.

Progress not perfection.

Lisa

bkloots
Tue, May-17-11, 03:42
Hi, Shannone, and welcome. This is a great forum with lots of supportive people (eg. Lisa, above) and good information.

While low-carb eating does tend to suppress hunger, that hunger is usually the "craving" type of hunger created by rollercoaster blood sugar. Being hungry is perfectly normal, and as long as you're eating according to the Atkins plan (including plenty of fats), you'll be fine.

As close as you are to your goal or ideal weight, you can probably expect further loss to be gradual, or intermittent. Even so, the low-carb eating style is healthy for many other reasons.

Best wishes.