PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Deborah99
Mon, May-02-11, 14:51
Hi Everyone! :)

I'm on the Atkins; started 2 days ago. Going good, but, today, notice I have a headache. I'm thinking this is normal... probably all the carb withdrawls!!

Look forward to exchanging ideas and sharing my own!

See you around!! :wave:

TAZNVA
Mon, May-02-11, 19:42
Definitely normal.. google or search on this forum for "atkins flu" and you will quickly see that. It only last a short time for most sooo hang in there and good luck :)
Tammy

Squirt33
Mon, May-02-11, 21:59
Hello...new to the forum as well. Been on the atkins for 4 weeks now. Best of luck to you and everyone else. :)

Deborah99
Tue, May-03-11, 23:22
How are you managing on Atkins? Do you ever snack at night? If so, what do you snack on? I arrive home late, make my lunch for the following day and I will have a snack of protein, and two olives..... can I bother to email what you would eat in a normal day? Oops, made a mistake, this message is for squirt33!

Deborah99
Tue, May-03-11, 23:23
Definitely normal.. google or search on this forum for "atkins flu" and you will quickly see that. It only last a short time for most sooo hang in there and good luck :)
Tammy

You're right, thanks! Today, no headache. Good luck to you too!
:thup:

Squirt33
Wed, May-04-11, 18:25
Hello...I snack pretty much non stop. Usual snacks are pepperoni (no carbs), deviled eggs, egg salad, sliced soppressata (like italian salami). Sometimes just drinking a cup of heated chicken broth will satisfy somewhat. Hope that helps, keep it up and good luck! :thup:

kaylakala
Wed, May-04-11, 19:38
Glad to hear the headache cleared up!! make sure you get some good vitamins too. They really help.

Deborah99
Fri, May-06-11, 17:49
Hello...I snack pretty much non stop. Usual snacks are pepperoni (no carbs), deviled eggs, egg salad, sliced soppressata (like italian salami). Sometimes just drinking a cup of heated chicken broth will satisfy somewhat. Hope that helps, keep it up and good luck! :thup:

Hey Squirt! Thanks! I thought I was snacking too much.... do you eat the pepperoni, eggs by themselves or with another food? Yeah those Cup of Soups only have 1 carb, but, I would toss out the little short noodles though! When did you start to see a weight loss? Sorry the gazillion questions; just comparin' notes!!

Thanks and you're well on your way to weight loss! Right on!! :thup:

Squirt33
Sat, May-07-11, 23:08
Hi...usually I eat them alone but not for any specific reason. Sometimes with the pepperoni I'll throw in a zero carb hard cheese. I haven't had (or seen) 1 carb cup o soups but will look into. I actually just buy broth in like quart size containers and drink that. I have found that walnuts have almost no carbs and macadamia nuts too so I'll snack on that at night like they're chips. Also after a couple of weeks on the diet, look into the Atkins bars. They're filling and feel like a treat. So far I lost about 18 lbs. Feel like I'm stalled these last 2 weeks but sticking with it. Hope that helps, best of luck. :thup: