PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Some help greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kaboomix
Sat, Apr-30-11, 08:20
Hello everyone, my name is kaboom and im from the UK. I need to lose some weight, not much, around 8-10 pounds.
:help:
Im reading the New Atkins diet, and I think im doing it right, however im having some problem with actually seeing results. Granted ive not been on the diet for too long, only about 10 days. I also work out, around 2-3 times a week if im not slacking. I do 25 mins of cardio followed by intense weight training.

I did make some mistakes during the past ten days because I started the diet without having the book with me, so I drank some milk and a couple of other stuff I shouldnt had, but its been at least 4 5 days that I *think* im doing everything right. How do I know its working? I neither have weight scales nor kitchen scales, so my food is basically an estimation. I will list what I ate yesterday in the hope that someone can give me some pointers.

Also, how can I tell if im in ketosis without ketostix? Sometimes I taste a weird taste in my mouth, but because it happened after I read about it its possible that i *think* it tastes like that when in reality it's not. So yeah, some help greatly appreciated!

Yesterdays meals:

(breakfast)
2 gluten free pork sausages (asda)
1 cured bacon slice
2 eggs,
pan fried in a tablespoon of olive oil, with salt and pepper

(lunch)
1 medium piece of chicken
3 cauliflower and 3 broccoli florets
a fistful of white mushrooms
some medium cheddar cheese, grated
pan fried in a tablespoon of olive oil, along with some salt and lemon pepper, think i added a dash of lemon juice
and some romaine's heart lettuce, just about enough to fill half a plate, seemed like a cup of it, along with some olive oil on top.

(dinner)
can of tuna in brine,
mixed with some hellmans mayo (not lite, normal mayo)
and some grated cheddar,
and one orange pepper
and one cucumber.

Was not hungry in between, should I have been?

Thanks in advance for your responses, I hope there's not another forum dedicated to such threads, I skimmed through them but I could have missed it! :)

Judynyc
Sat, Apr-30-11, 20:42
Welcome! :wave:

If you are following Atkins Induction phase, you will need to see the food lists and follow them very closely.
In our Atkins forum, the food lists are there for you to use. :)

Your food looks OK to me but I follow South Beach. ;)
Good Luck!

Elizellen
Sun, May-01-11, 02:47
Hi Kaboom, it is good to have another Brit on board. :wave:

Your food looks fine, though I am not sure about the sausages. Even gluten free foods often replace the flour with other starches like rice or potato flour, so do check the list of ingredients to make sure yours are made with only meat and spices.

If the bangers are free from any starches do let me know, as it would be nice to be able to recommend a truly induction friendly sausage to other UK members.

Oh, and don't worry about not feeling hungry. This is one of the benefits of eating Atkins to me, the foods satisfy my appetite, meaning I did not need to suffer to lose weight as is expected with many diets! :thup:

kaboomix
Sun, May-01-11, 05:45
Thanks for the replies, so you're suggesting that I follow the food lists instead of sort of going my way? Ill try that out then, I think I have most of the foods already.

I also weighed myself at the gym yesterday, im down to 188.9lbs, so something must be going right:)

I found these sausages being recommended by someone in another low carb forum, so I *think* they should be ok, on the ASDA site it says that there is only a trace of carbs in them.

Here is the link to them: http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/search/searchcontainer.jsp?trailSize=1&searchString=gluten+free+sausages&domainName=Products&headerVersion=v1&_requestid=138749

Thanks a lot, you guys are great!