PDA

View Full Version : here we go again :-)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

fatnpretty
Wed, Apr-27-11, 17:30
Hello all!

I did Atkins on and off for a long time and gained and lost a lost of weight (my issues, not ATkins). Had some counselling since then, and am here for support in a very specific purpose.

I intend to complete induction for 2 weeks, as a boost/encouragement and detox (I am a sugar addict :-) and then return to a general low carb/mindfulness-slow eating/exercise approach in which I intend to continue to lose very slowly over a period of years.

I have come to this site for the 2 week support, as I am, I admit, not looking forward to eating this way again but recognize I am in carb overload!

Today was Day 1. I have done well (fridge stocked, ate regularly, ketostix at the ready) although (a) I have a stinking headache and (b) I forgot that cashews weren't allowed! Darn. Still, I only had a few before I went to check!

Today I'v eaten: lamb, chicken, goats cheese in bacon, big green salad, lemon juice, lean ham, 2 dairylea, a few tomatoes. And the blasted cashews.

Proud of myself because I am having horrible sugar cravings already! Plenty of water, multivitamin, chromium!

You can tell I've done this before, right?

Happy to support and help and boost and cheer on while I'm here. Equally grateful if you would like to reach out to me!

Good luck!

tmay
Wed, Apr-27-11, 19:24
Hi Fatnpretty. I just started Induction yesterday. I had been decreasing my carbs for the past two weeks hoping that would do the trick without tracking all my carbs. But unfortunately it didn't. So I am going hard core now. I have about 140 pound to lose. Good luck to you.