PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking for FLAVOR

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

algomagirl
Wed, Apr-20-11, 10:37
Generally I'm a very nutritional eater but the hubby loves ....gasp... white bread and junk food. I'm a very good cook and baker however he requires FLAVORFUL food, doesn't have to be spicy all of the time. My biggest challenge is to feed the family (hubby and three kids) while I attempt to modify my eating style this next year. Flavorful Suggestions?

Electrica
Wed, Apr-20-11, 13:23
Montreal steak spice adds a lovely kick to just about every piece of meat you can bake/bbq/fry/broil. They make a variation for chicken (appropriately called Montreal Chicken Spice) that is also tasty on pork/dry ribs/burgers, etc!

Just google it to see who manufactures it in the states or check out your grocery store in the spices and seasonings section. A BIG bottle (last about a year using it every day) retails for about $15 in Canada.

Syrah
Wed, Apr-20-11, 20:31
[QUOTE=
Just google it to see who manufactures it in the states or check out your grocery store in the spices and seasonings section. A BIG bottle (last about a year using it every day) retails for about $15 in Canada.[/QUOTE]
It is generally available in the American supermarkets I've been in.