PDA

View Full Version : New To Forums!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Pajamarama
Tue, Apr-19-11, 06:06
Hi, Everyone! :D
I'm new to the forum but I've been doing low carb for a few months now, though just got serious with it going paleo a few weeks ago. I'm hoping this can be a supportive, non-judgmental forum. I've found a few other low-carb forums to be very unforgiving which is sad. I guess I'll lurk around here for awhile and see!

To tell more about me, I'm a single mom with a lot of energy, bubbly personality, and my life is helping other people however I can! I volunteer a lot at shelters (both animal and people!), hospitals to visit with people who don't get regular visitors, and working on getting my dog certified as a therapy dog to take to nursing homes to cheer the residents! I am currently working on my doctoral dissertation, and then will be taking licensing exams so I can practice as a psychotherapist.

The switch to low-carb for me was a bit harder, not in practice but in belief. I was a vegan for many, many years and still believe in giving the utmost respect to animals. I still can't eat meat for days after visiting a farm, but I feel better buying my meat from farms where I know the animal had a full, happy life. I refrain from all dairy and eggs.

I am looking forward to getting to know people here! Have a great day! :D

Charran
Tue, Apr-19-11, 07:54
Welcome! There are alot of people following a Paleo plan and I'm sure you'll find tons of support here! Come join in the TDC for some lively discussions about issues concerning those of us with more to lose! Also, make sure to start a journal to meet people on a more personal basis and get the support you need daily!