PDA

View Full Version : Off on vacation

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mmmmmbacon
Wed, Apr-06-11, 13:35
Hello :wave:
I am leaving for vacation soon and thought i'd start the BEST diet ever! low carbs, my question is how to get rid of the first few days of headaches and achyness all over? I know medication is the easiest answer but want to avoid that. And any tricks or tips out there for the quickest way for begginners?

fire_dancr
Wed, Apr-06-11, 14:06
I slowly weaned off carbs before induction so I never got the side effects :)

ImOnMyWay
Wed, Apr-06-11, 14:08
If you're giving up caffeine, that can cause a headache due to withdrawal. Otherwise, I suggest eating all of your allowed veggie quota, drinking plenty of water, and taking supplements of potassium, magnesium; also drinking a cup or two of beef or chicken bouillon per day. (Recommendations from "New Atkins for a New You" - which plan also allows for greater amounts of salads and LC veggies during induction.)

Best wishes on your weight loss journey (and have a great time on your holiday).

mmmmmbacon
Wed, Apr-06-11, 14:24
Awesome, I think I heard of that about drinking the beef broth, I just love this diet but can only handle maybe a month on it . I'm a huge carb fan and pasta and me do go well with the hips forsure and pizza.
Thank you for your reply every little bit helps forsure!