PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

netsylvie
Tue, Apr-05-11, 12:57
I would like to start by saying I love this site. I have been reading many posts here for a while and have just decided to join.

I started LC because I did not like my body and felt weak all the time. I have a very sweet tooth and love to bake bread. Not good. I was not overweight (140 pounds) and I would like to lose 20 pound to feel better. 6 years ago I also found out I was insulin resistant while trying to conceive my daughter which I realize can cause difficulties in loosing weight. I'm not sure I still am and will go see my MD in the next weeks to make sure.

I have started my low carb life style 3 1/2 weeks ago. I started on induction/OWL according to Atkins and lost 10 pounds during the first two weeks. Nothing the last week. Actually gained 1 pound. I'm starting to get frustrated.

The first week I started I really felt weak and to top it off, I got Gastro! Ended up in the emergency room because I was not recuperating after 3 days. I then decided to up my carb intake and to go trough my "detox" gradually. The second week, I got a bad cold that ended with antibiotics... Let's just say, it's been a LONG two weeks!

I just finished my third week and I now can say that I feel SoO much better. The brain sluggishness has disappeared and have much more energy. Some days (like right now) I feel weaker, but I am realizing that my diet soda might have something to do with it.

I do not count precisely my carb intake every day. I'm around 40-60g. I am always in ketosis so it must be o.k.?

Anyways, I guess you will see me in the discussion from now on... :)

Have a great day!

lizzyLC
Tue, Apr-05-11, 15:49
Welcome Netsylvie,

What is Gastro? Stomach flu?

Anyway, I'm glad your feeling better. That is really excellent you dropped 10 pounds on induction. I probably would do the same but I always seem to slip up. Good luck to you.

netsylvie
Wed, Apr-06-11, 13:12
Yes you are right. It is the stomach flu. Thanks