PDA

View Full Version : nottoomuch

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nottoomuch
Tue, Apr-05-11, 08:25
Hi this is nottoomuch. I chose that name because I don't really have too much to lose, just 8 pounds. But, I have been dieting for the past 4 or 5 months and loosing nothing. So, I decided to try Atkins. I lost 3 pounds in a very short time. But now I have been on the induction part for 3 weeks and have lost one more pound and then gained 2 back... I am very disciplined and can even eat the same thing over and over again. I am not good at drinking water and have to force myself. For the past 2 years I have gained 8 pounds that I am not able to shake. It is very discouraging to not be able to lose the weight, especially when I read that many people lose that amount of weight in the first 2 weeks. I will admit that I don't have much to lose, but for me it is a lot. I currently weigh 128 (after losing the 3 pounds) and would like to be down to 122 which I have weighed for years. I am 58 and an active person, however I hate to exercise, and love to walk and try to do that a couple times a week. Can someone help me? Can I not lose the 6 pounds I want because I don't have much to lose? what is the problem? I know I don't have anything to complain about, but I would be grateful for your help.

RaceGirl28
Tue, Apr-05-11, 10:52
Welcome :) Some people don't lose as much during Induction as they hope, but really, Atkins is a lifelong plan, so as long as you stick to the program you'll get healthier and probably lose weight too. You have listed in your profile that you haven't read any of the books, so I'd suggest you get one and read it so you can see what to do. It's one of the handiest things you can have and it helps you understand what foods, when, and how it all works.