PDA

View Full Version : Hi, i am new and not sure what im doing!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Themellors
Mon, Apr-04-11, 14:31
:wave: hi everyone, i am a new starter on Atkins and really need a buddy to help me through it :help: if there is anyone out there :help: i have been on Atkins since Jan 11 and lost 2 stones but do have 3 more to go. i find counting carbs a bit hard and think i might not be eating enough so anyone with experiance please any tips will help. i am in the uk and work very long hours! i do take my pack up to work, i have found Atkins bars very tasty but am i right to just have 1 per day?
look forward to meeting some others that i can lose it with lol :thup:

JohnGibson
Mon, Apr-04-11, 14:55
Hi Themellors,

Do you have an Atkins Book? If not then purchase one from Amazon.com

Since you are using stones I think you might be UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/1590770021/ref=sr_1_6_olp?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301950272&sr=1-6&condition=used

Actually I think that once you get used to it you will find it very easy. I made the transition rather nicely :)

Welcome

kbird
Mon, Apr-04-11, 14:59
I think I started the same day as you did, started at 255 and have lost 27 pounds. Sounds pretty close to the same. I usually have one bar a day as well. Most people will tell you that is not a good idea. If you must suplement with an Atkins product it should be the shake if anything at all. Many people are saying that the bars will stall your weight loss.