PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

summersun
Sun, Apr-03-11, 11:55
Hi, :wave:

I am doing Atkins Induction but eating under 30g carbs per day , I am on Day 6 and have lost 5lbs so far.

I guess I am looking for some support and friendly advice when I need it, and I'm sure I will. I don't have any support at home and am actually feeling really down and low at the moment. I have one family member around but when I told her of my weight loss she said 'well it's going to take more than that' and said she couldn't see where it had come from. Do others get the same response from people?

I think I am doing well and managing to be healthy, I'm getting lots of veg and taking vitamins and GLA. I didn't get Induction 'flu', just a slight headache, some toilet changes and feel quite sensitive and touchy, is this normal?

I am definitely in ketosis, I stink lol Bad breath, horrible metallic taste in my mouth and a sweat smelling body odour. It's a good thing I live alone and it's nice to know I'm in ketosis but please tell me these effects don't last.

I think if I'm going to be successful I need a friend or two for support along the way :)

LC_Justin
Sun, Apr-03-11, 11:59
Hi, :wave:

I am doing Atkins Induction but eating under 30g carbs per day , I am on Day 6 and have lost 5lbs so far.

I guess I am looking for some support and friendly advice when I need it, and I'm sure I will. I don't have any support at home and am actually feeling really down and low at the moment. I have one family member around but when I told her of my weight loss she said 'well it's going to take more than that' and said she couldn't see where it had come from. Do others get the same response from people?

I think I am doing well and managing to be healthy, I'm getting lots of veg and taking vitamins and GLA. I didn't get Induction 'flu', just a slight headache, some toilet changes and feel quite sensitive and touchy, is this normal?

I am definitely in ketosis, I stink lol Bad breath, horrible metallic taste in my mouth and a sweat smelling body odour. It's a good thing I live alone and it's nice to know I'm in ketosis but please tell me these effects don't last.

I think if I'm going to be successful I need a friend or two for support along the way :)

Hi, welcome to the boards. Congrats on your weight loss so far! You'll find friendly and helpful folks on these boards that will encourage you and help you on your journey!

Myself have been on modified atkins for 5 weeks now and lost 35lbs!

Good luck!

summersun
Sun, Apr-03-11, 16:05
Hi, Thanks for the welcome.

wow 35lbs in 5 weeks is amazing, you must be so happy and proud of that :)

LC_Justin
Sun, Apr-03-11, 16:26
Hi, Thanks for the welcome.

wow 35lbs in 5 weeks is amazing, you must be so happy and proud of that :)

I've met some great people when I started a month ago. We're all former low carbers that met on here and started a support thread. We're all friendly there and you're more than welcome to join us. :)

If you want to join us our thread is here. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=424876

We support and encourage each other and just taking one day at a time!