PDA

View Full Version : Hello LC community

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

gutNbutt
Fri, Apr-01-11, 21:16
Hello all :) I am a newbie to the LC thing. Lol actualy to be honest I have not even started the program yet. I have decided to have one last carb blow out this weekend with the family and then start the atkins program bright and early monday april 4 2011. Just got done reading the atkins book and decided to give myself the weekend to rid my fridge of all the carb and sugar loaded stuff and then do some low carb friendly grocery shopping. That way I will have a fresh start. Anyway I guess I should tell something about myself. OK well first I had a total thyroidectomey june of 2010 and since then have rapidly gained 53 pounds! I have been on a 1200 calorie diet for the last 3 months and have lost a wopping 2 pounds. (despite 1 hour of exercise daily). So here I am trying something new and hoping it works for me. Thanks for listening :)

Bipley
Fri, Apr-01-11, 22:28
Hello all :) I am a newbie to the LC thing. Lol actualy to be honest I have not even started the program yet. I have decided to have one last carb blow out this weekend with the family and then start the atkins program bright and early monday april 4 2011. Just got done reading the atkins book and decided to give myself the weekend to rid my fridge of all the carb and sugar loaded stuff and then do some low carb friendly grocery shopping. That way I will have a fresh start. Anyway I guess I should tell something about myself. OK well first I had a total thyroidectomey june of 2010 and since then have rapidly gained 53 pounds! I have been on a 1200 calorie diet for the last 3 months and have lost a wopping 2 pounds. (despite 1 hour of exercise daily). So here I am trying something new and hoping it works for me. Thanks for listening :)

What meds are you on for your thyroid? What is your T3, T4, and TSH?

When your labs are in check you will be like everyone else. I have Hashi's and treated, it's not a problem for weight.

ringamajig
Sat, Apr-02-11, 07:59
Welcome GutnButt. :wave:

This is a great place for lots of support and some really good advise.

Glad to hear that you have read the book, refer back to it often as it will help see you through.

Check out the recipes on the site as they have also helped me stay on track.

Best wishes.
Rox

gutNbutt
Sun, Apr-03-11, 18:08
What meds are you on for your thyroid? What is your T3, T4, and TSH?

When your labs are in check you will be like everyone else. I have Hashi's and treated, it's not a problem for weight.

Thanks for the reply.
My last lab work was done about 1 month ago
My TSH WAS 0.65
FT4 WAS 1.18
T3 total was 104
Thats all my endo tested for. Oh and I am on 125 synthroid and she just put me on 10mg of cytomel.

gutNbutt
Sun, Apr-03-11, 18:11
Welcome GutnButt. :wave:

This is a great place for lots of support and some really good advise.

Glad to hear that you have read the book, refer back to it often as it will help see you through.

Check out the recipes on the site as they have also helped me stay on track.

Best wishes.
Rox

Thanks so much I really need all the support I can get and some yummy recipes to. How long have you been low carbing and is it super hard to not have any bread?

Chris_D
Sun, Apr-03-11, 19:43
Welcome! :wave: Glad you found us!

This community is THE best for support, wisdom and motivation! You learn something new everyday! So jump right in and join us.

Remember this is a lifestyle with so many benefits not a D.I.E.T.!!

Think about starting a journal, its a great way to get to know one another and build a support network. Feel free to pop by mine anytime!

Best wishes on your journey to a happier & healthier YOU!!

~ Chris ~

gutNbutt
Fri, Apr-15-11, 22:53
Thanks everyone I really appreciate all the support. Im already down 8 pounds now :) I love this site.