PDA

View Full Version : Atkins Book

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

HDDiva
Tue, Mar-29-11, 15:48
I'm looking to purchase a new Atkins Low Carb Book as I have just been doing the plan by what I can find online. It's time to get serious and learn all I can But there are so many. Which one is best for a newbee and easy to read and understand. I'm not a scientist.

Elizellen
Tue, Mar-29-11, 15:59
I like the last one he wrote Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution, DANDR.

CMCM
Tue, Mar-29-11, 16:06
This is a great one. You can get good condition used ones for just a few dollars.
http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Atkins-Diet-Revolution-Revised/dp/1590770021/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301436300&sr=8-1

HDDiva
Tue, Mar-29-11, 16:45
Thanks so much I just got 2 new books off ebay Dr. Atkins New Diet revolution Low Carb Book for $2.40 and Atkins for Life The complete controlled Carb Program for $3.94.
I just have to wait for delivery. Thanks Again

Elizellen
Wed, Mar-30-11, 05:58
That sounds good. The Atkins for Life book is more aimed at people who have already reached goal and want to work out how to eat to stay there I think, so I would suggest working with the DANDR first.

tx-gym-rat
Wed, Mar-30-11, 07:09
I agree, DANDR is a great choice.

mizski
Sun, Apr-03-11, 08:44
Thanks so much I just got 2 new books off ebay Dr. Atkins New Diet revolution Low Carb Book for $2.40 and Atkins for Life The complete controlled Carb Program for $3.94.

Actually, where you are looking to lose 10 lbs total, Atkins For Life may be more useful. In it, Dr. Atkins explains how people close to their goal weight can find their CCLL and CCLM/ACE. Various carb levels/menus are suggested so you can still lose weight starting in OWL.

If you are switching to low carbing after eating a high carb, sugar-laden diet then the traditional Induction described in DANDR may be beneficial to you. If not DANDR is still an invaluable resource explaining why low carb WOE works, how to heal various health problems, supplement advice, etc.

HDDiva
Mon, Apr-04-11, 10:59
Thank You Everyone