PDA

View Full Version : New from Georgetown

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

stephiemc
Tue, Mar-29-11, 08:52
Hi all! I'm a married mom of 3 trying to prepare low-carb meals for my daughter and myself, a high carb/gluten free diet for my boys, and a regular meat and potatoes menu for my husband. I would appreciate any and all suggestions as to how to prepare simple low carb meals so I don't feel like a made-to-order restaurant every night! :D

LStump
Tue, Mar-29-11, 08:55
Check out the food section of this forum. There are main dishes, side dishes, snacks, breakfasts, desserts, etc.. As for potatoes, so you don't have to buy potatoes seperately and make them (and be tempted later), why not just get cauliflower and use that in place of potatoes. You can "mash" it.. and a lot of restaurants serve this, now. Recipes in the side dishes section.

Question.. Why are you putting your boys on a high carb diet? Is it because they don't *need* to lose weight? All carbs are processed the same way in our bodies with the end result as sugar which triggers an insulin response. Even potatoes. Just something to consider.