PDA

View Full Version : New syndrome Xer

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Planemech
Sat, Mar-26-11, 22:27
Just entering to say Hi. My syndrome X (insulin resistance) was discovered by a very smart and intuitive internal med. doctor in Alaska. He gave me a copy of "his" diet and said "You can eat anything on this list and as much as you want and nothing else." It was only a half page typwritten and contained almost all the "bad guys" from my previous low-fat diet (the one on which my cholesterol kept climbing). I have seen no published diet just like it but it resembles an Atkins maintenance or a european diet in many places. It includes all the fruit I want. I asked about this and he replied that the diet is designed to be self-limiting. "How many apples will you eat in a day?" The diet is half of a system. The other is daily aerobic exercise. I don't have that part down yet. With just the diet I lost 25 lbs almost accidentally, reduced my triglycerides from over 700 to around 170, reduced the dosage of Lipitor, am never hungry (I still find myself missing meals), have 200% more energy and stamina, and get to eat all the "bad guys".
I recently got sucked into the "sugar-free" candy racket :mad: until I learned about Malitol and other sugar alcohols so I dumped all that stuff and am back on track. :) I am really enjoying the recipes I find. I hate cauliflower but am now anxious to try inverted shepherds pie and cauliflower pizza. :yum:

LC_mermaid
Sun, Mar-27-11, 10:15
Welcome aboard, yes that sf candy can be suductive. Malitol is awful stuff. Congrats on losing 10lbs !

Judynyc
Tue, Apr-26-11, 12:37
Welcome! :wave: