PDA

View Full Version : good morning!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bellamom04
Sun, Mar-20-11, 05:48
Hello everyone... back again for another round. Why I come off of low-carb is a mystery to me... The saddest part is the last time I was going lc, I was so close to "onederland" that I could taste it... and now here I am, 28lbs away from it. Very upset with myself but I'm here and it's all that matters!

With all this yo-yo dieting I've done, combined with my age, I am super-nervous that the weight is going to be resistant to come off. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much! :wave:

WeimieMom
Sun, Mar-20-11, 05:54
Good Morning and welcome!

I've been doing LC since January and I have my ups and downs, but overall, it's going well. It's not as easy "at our age" whatever that is :-) but it does work.

My advice to you is to stick with it and don't be scales obsessed like I am. It makes me nuts!

The folks here are very helpful and I find it is a good place to come for tips and tricks. Kinda like that weekly meeting that keeps us motivated...

Good luck....

PS. It only just dawned on my today what "onederland" was! DUH! Wish I was there!

bellamom04
Sun, Mar-20-11, 06:20
Thank you so much for the welcome! =) I've been having fun reading posts and learning...

Do you think ketosis strips should be purchased? I've actually never used them before ...

"onederland" is a place I'd love to be, too! =P

WeimieMom
Sun, Mar-20-11, 07:15
Thank you so much for the welcome! =) I've been having fun reading posts and learning...

Do you think ketosis strips should be purchased? I've actually never used them before ...

"onederland" is a place I'd love to be, too! =P

I bought them at the beginning - all part of the "let's get at it" thing. Every now and then, out of curiousity, I check, and I am always in Ketosis. They aren't expensive so why not.

Others here will caution you to not buy them because some people, although they are in ketosis, it won't register on the stix and that may be a downer for you.

So it's up to you. :-)

Cerridwen
Sun, Mar-20-11, 07:19
Hi There,
I am back again, and my stats are much like yours. I started back Jan 3/11. I have been bouncing around between 217 and 214 for close to a month now. Last time I did Atkins 3 years ago and got down to 175 then I jumped stupidly off the wagon and gained it all back again. Ridonkulous.
Last time, I found I lost about 2lbs per week. This time round, it's been 1. But it's better then a gain. I'm not really sure why I'm losing more slowly, but there's not much I seem to be able to do about it.
I don't use ketostix. The very first time I went low carb (when I was 27 (I'm 41 now), I used them, and I tended to obsess. They are expensive and I would cut them in half (you can slice them lengthwise so you get double the number) and then check a million times a day. Last time round I just didn't bother.
I am sure that you will be fine. There is loads of good advice on this website that I'm sure you'll find useful!
C.