PDA

View Full Version : high cholesterol

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bzzquick
Wed, Mar-16-11, 15:33
Well I"m new here, took the atkins plung 3 weeks ago, lost 19lbs, and counting, Was on it two days before seeing my "new" doctor. the lab tests came back hi bad cholesterol, the new atkins book assures me it will go down along with other medical issues, high bp etc. the tests were taken before i started any kind of diet, so against his advice i'm sticking to atkins , and suppose to see the lab and the dr in another week or so.
My bf is also on atkins, 6lbs in 2 weeks , he's not thrilled with the amounts he has lost , but again his dr and mine both laughed at us. As his tests were done a year ago and they should have had him on lower cholesterol meds, but they to are scoffing at the atkins,
I never in my life take much of what dr's say and do , as they are not the end all be all, either. I'm sticking with atkins for a better life and just to see if it proves them wrong, Any thoughts? or similar scoffing?

oblong
Wed, Mar-16-11, 16:15
Hello and welcome to the forums! :wave:

Over the past three years since first finding out about low carb eating, I have learnt that in order to discover the truth, you have to question everything and do your own research. Hopefully it leads to making good decisions based on sound scientific evidence combined with your own personal experiences. People will tell you that cutting down on carbohydrates is bad for you because that is what they've been told all their lives, without questioning it.

I have almost finished reading a book called The Great Cholesterol Con by Dr Malcolm Kendrick which I highly recommend.

I hope that you stick with it and get to see the benefits of this way of eating! Good luck on your journey towards health :)