PDA

View Full Version : Hello from NY!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Geekygal16
Mon, Mar-14-11, 21:30
Hello!

I am very new to low carb. I remember when the Atkins Diet was at the height of its popularity, but never really went through with it. This time, I watched Fat Head and was really intrigued. The first two days was brutal. I just felt really sick and tired and cranky. But, by the third day, I felt much better. At first, I was all gung ho about my new diet thinking "Oh, well I love meat! This is gonna be the easiest diet ever!" Yea right. Try finding foods to eat that are just meat. Especially for breakfast. Plus I didn't realize that while I have always had meat in my diet, I've always accompanied it with rice, potatoes, and oh, yea, more starches. Cause I, of course can't eat meat just by itself. Who woulda thunk?

So, I'm here to learn from all of you and well, vent. LOL. I have tried pretty much every single diet out there. The all fruit diet, the all soup diet, the eat nothing but air diet... well, you get the gist. And yep, nothing's worked. I lose some and then gain even more. My willpower is very low. I hate giving up anything because I do not think it's a reasonable way to live. This is pretty much my last chance to get my weight down OR ELSE. And so far, I'm doing ok. Today is Day 8 and it's still rather tricky trying to nail down foods that I can eat or don't have sneaky starches and sugars in them. But otherwise, I don't have any cravings. I am ecstatic. Every diet I've ever been on, I have these delusional dreams of all the foods that I can't have. OH MY GOD, this Twinkie has 2000 calories! I must throw it down the toilet. Ok, I still can't eat Twinkies, but at least I don't crave it. And I'm full all the time. I am barely hungry. Which is about the only problem I am experiencing right now. I eat a salad with meat for lunch at 12PM and that will sustain me til about 10PM. I get crazy hungry at night. Even when I eat at 8PM. It's really strange. I eat at 8PM not because I'm hungry but because I know if I don't, I will get extremely hungry at an indecent hour. And you know what? I STILL get hungry at that time.

LC_Justin
Mon, Mar-14-11, 21:48
Hi and welcome to the boards. :) Here you'll meet nice friendly people who are on the same boat as you. As for myself, I'm still pretty new to the low carb, I'm on my third week and lost 22lbs so far and feeling fantastic.

Good luck with your journey. :)