PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone.......I'm New Here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

FuzzyBee
Thu, Mar-03-11, 14:18
I have been on induction for almost 3 weeks now. I'm afraid to leave induction to be honest. This is the second time I have tried Atkins. The first time was many years ago and I had some success...........then I had my first child. I now have 2 sons ages 10 and 8. I didn't think I could possibly go low carb after having children, but it has been okay so far. I lost 13 pounds during the first two weeks of induction.

My husband says he can't do low carb so I am looking here for the support I will not get at home.

I have made my plan very easy and portable. I eat pork rinds for breakfast because I can eat them on the way to work. I keep some in my desk to nibble on throughout the day and I love it. At night, I cook a meal with protein and veggie for me and I just make a starch for the rest of the gang. I haven't had any sugar cravings and it is wonderful. My only problem at all has been in the bathroom (trying to be delicate here).

Last night for dinner, I made pizza burgers (yum). Tonight will be pork loin and squash.

Question of the day: Does anyone know how to work with tofu??? I have heard that people cut it up and cook it to eat like french fries, but I have not been successful.

I hope to meet a lot of understanding and helpful people here. I will certainly try to help where I can.

~Dolphin~
Thu, Mar-03-11, 15:45
Hiya FuzzyBee! :wave:

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like we have a lot in common. I'm new here as well, and likewise doing Atkind for the second time around and still on induction. :) It definitely has been slower going this time around so far, but it is working and I'm sure if I stick with it, it will continue to.

I've also had some of the same issues you mentioned (the delicate ones) but found that a bit of extra vitamin C and a metamucil tablet a day seemed to help that a lot. Also, water, water water.

I haven't tried tofu myself, but I have heard good things and would love to try it if you get any good feedback.

Anyway, great to see you here and look forward to seeing your progress!