PDA

View Full Version : New to the boards

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dismomof4
Sat, Feb-26-11, 09:57
Good morning! :wave: I'm a mom of 4 children and a wife to an amazing man. My oldest child is 16 and the youngest is 8. I've been low carbing off and on since the birth of my first child(1994). I got a little more serious about it after the birth of my 3rd child when I was doing some serious weight lifting(1997). I've quite literally had digestive issues since birth and, through much experimentation with my diet over the years, I've found that a low carb, gluten free, dairy free, and soy free diet is the golden ticket for a happy tummy. Unfortunately, in "normal" society this makes me kind of a freak of nature. Luckily, my husband and children are very supportive of my lifestyle(a happy mommy = a happy family :rheart: ). I've joined the forums here to gain some more support in my lifestyle and hopefully be of support to others.

Wildeone
Sat, Feb-26-11, 10:01
98lbs !!!!!!!! You are tiny !!!

There's loads of support here and very knowledgable people - alas i'm not one of them :lol: as i'm a newbie too! But look around and maybe start a journal it's a great way to gain support :idea:

:wave:

dismomof4
Sat, Feb-26-11, 10:13
:lol: I'm only 4'11" so it's all relative! I think a journal is an excellent idea. I'll have to go check it out! Thanks! :)

RaceGirl28
Sat, Feb-26-11, 15:20
Welcome :) I'm sure you will find lots of support here & possibly some new recipes as well!

freckles
Sat, Feb-26-11, 15:48
Unfortunately, in "normal" society this makes me kind of a freak of nature.

Well..you will find that you are not such a freak of nature. There are MANY of us just like you! :lol:

Welcome!