PDA

View Full Version : IF Questions

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pinkmonkey
Fri, Feb-25-11, 07:41
This week I started an IF routine, condensing my eating down to a four hour window between 5 and 9pm. I consume a good amount of calories and fat in my one meal (1700-1900 calories and around 130 fat, 100 protein, 15 carbs). I just have a few questions about this way of eating, as I want to continue since it has broken a month long stall for me.

1. Is it safe to do this every day for long periods of time (i.e. months)?
2. Should I have a "reload" day where I up my calories and fat but keeping low-carb? Or maybe a day where I'm not doing IF?

Thanks for the help! :wave:

krystalr
Fri, Feb-25-11, 08:13
1. There are people here that have been eating that way for years. If it works into your hunger patterns, run with it.

2. No. I don't see a problem with your calorie and fat levels as is. No need to up them unless you are feeling to hungry between windows and need a little more to get you through easily.

lizard21
Fri, Feb-25-11, 10:21
Just started IF myself so look forward to seeing your progress as well!

DietHobby
Sun, Feb-27-11, 08:17
I've done a lot of personal experimenting with Intermittent Fasting,
and I think you should do whatever works for you.

black57
Sun, Feb-27-11, 11:16
I have been doing IF regularly for nearly 5 years. Everyday...For me it has become a normal way of eating. Pinkmonkey, change your mindset when it comes to eating this way. Let your body tell you what you should be doing. IF can make you completely lose your appetite for a day or two. If that should happen roll with it because your appetite will return. Hunger will not be nearly as extreme so when you do eat make each meal as nutritious as possible.

I must highlight this: Take your time, do not jump into IF. Intermittent fasting, although healthy, will not be something that your body will be happy with. Eat breakfast progressively later each day until you can go until 2:00 PM without your first meal of the day. Then eat whenever you want for 4-5 hours. THen repeat the next day.