PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Marynette
Wed, Feb-23-11, 01:37
I'm new to this---last year I found out that I had diabetes. My doctor put me on a 1500 cal diet (164 carbs). I'm not on any meds and I'm trying real hard not to take any, but it's really hard to manage my sugar! I exercise and drink lots of water! I've lost a lot weight---but I find it hard to follow the diet because I'm limited on what to eat for a snack... I'm always hungry before I go to bed!:help:

lowjax
Wed, Feb-23-11, 09:21
Hi Marynette. Welcome to the board. I don't have any good ideas on snacks as mine are mostly high calorie and high fat.

debntex
Wed, Feb-23-11, 11:41
I am new to the board also but wanted to stop in and say welcome. I like you was doing the calorie counting and starving by bed time and blowing the whole day. I for sure am not telling you to not do what doctor says but why don't you join us on low carb? I started Saturday and I already reached first goal of being under 200. Just 2 lbs but I am full all the time and feel great. I have heard it helps lots of people with diabetes. Like I say I am not giving medical advice but this is working for me.

debntex
Wed, Feb-23-11, 11:42
opps I miscalculated 4.8 freakin lbs gone since Saturday. Yipee that sounds better lol