PDA

View Full Version : Hello! I am new! Any help on the 2nd wk? How many calories are too many?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

juliakfox1
Mon, Feb-21-11, 02:49
I am new to this forum. I started out at 135 tro 140 lbs in 2008\9 and have gained a good bitof weight over the last 2 1\2 back years due to back problems. I am hoping to get back to my usual self again and feel healthy. I have been on Adkins induction for a week. The first 3 days were awful! I am feeling better as of my 7th day. Any thoughts on ketosis or how diet drinks work on the diet? I do still have one diet coke a day. I hope to help or support anyone else I can too! :) :help:

lowjax
Mon, Feb-21-11, 07:52
Hi Julia. Welcome to the board.

The when beginning Atkins, you should stay strict to the induction phase rules. There is not a limit on calories but on carbs. You pay attention to calories later in the phases. As far as the diet drinks go, I don't recommend them as I have issues with them and they cause weight loss stalling and sugar cravings. Some people drink them, but I don't recommend it.

DaddioM
Mon, Feb-21-11, 16:01
Hi Julia:wave:

Ok.. we all know that soda's.. diet or no, are not the best for you.. BUT.. IMHO, a soda a day is fine if it doesn't keep you from getting your water.

I find that the days when I have sodas I'm less thirsty for water.

....on to your second subject Ketosis.. what did you want to know?

When you use the pee stix and you're in ketosis it's proof positive that your body is metabolizing fat for fuel, and that's a GOOD thing. The pee sticks never change color for some people, it doesn't always mean you're doing something wrong or you won't lose weight. I always liked to see them change.

Good luck!! Looks like you're a golfer? How good are you?

Mike

juliakfox1
Mon, Feb-21-11, 23:14
Hi Mike! I was drinking 4 diet sodas a day before the diet due to my job... and needing the pick me up! I am down to one a day and I hate it, but I am able to manage. I shop at Whole Foods and found the drink La Croix. it working for me pretty good. Im drinking 64oz a day as well. I measure the purple areas in Ketosis strips and hope that means I am doing something correct. I cycle 4 times a week at 2 hours each day. I still feel totally lethargic though...any suggestions on that?
I dont count calories but I do worry if it is unlimited...then you cant possibly loose weight, right?

I stay at about 15 carbs a day. Not sure on calories. I tried Adkins before and didnt have much luck, so I am hoping this time will work! :))