PDA

View Full Version : Finally the stall is OFF!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

donnahill8
Sun, Feb-20-11, 21:39
Well I took a quick peak at the scales and I was pleasantly surprised. I'm down another 2 lbs weighing at 266.2 this evening. WOOO HOOOO!! Finally! I haven't had a move down since Feb1st. TOM finally passed and I'm not constipated as much now so maybe things will keep going. That makes 13lbs on 5 weeks of LCing. Doesn't sound like much, but I'll take anything. Also, great news, My DH started induction today. He only has about 35 lbs to lose but cholestrol is high. I'm excited about feeding him with me and gaining the support. Now if I could only get the kids onboard. They think they're dying with just all the talk about me LCing. lol I think their sugar is dropping just thinking about it. NOT!!!! They are definitely addicted. But my plan is to slowly change that. I'll be sneaky with no white sugar or flour and maybe they won't notice. Especially if I'm occasionally make a candiflip LC dessert. Yum!! Yum!! She is so talented. Best wishes to everyone else.

Donna

ImOnMyWay
Sun, Feb-20-11, 22:54
You are averaging more than 2# a week - that's very good progress! Keep it up...you're doing great!

Jonika
Mon, Feb-21-11, 00:22
Great job on not giving up! :) Keep it up girl!

WereBear
Mon, Feb-21-11, 05:51
Yeah, the children, being children, need to learn about making good choices. Anytime!

donnahill8
Mon, Feb-21-11, 11:08
ImOnMYWay--You are averaging more than 2# a week - that's very good progress! Keep it up...you're doing great!

Yeah, I guess that's one way of looking at it. Sounds better that way. I lost 10lbs pretty quickly, then none for weeks, but I like the way you put it better. Thanks! I feel great too. Just tired sometimes. Probably the hemoglobin level.

Donna

lowjax
Mon, Feb-21-11, 11:54
Congrats on the awesome movement on the scale.

I've noticed myself that if I add up my initial loss, plus my whooshes of 3-4 pounds, plus my stalls, it all evens out to about 2 pounds a week. I think that's a much better way of looking at it.

Congrats again!!!

Fialka
Mon, Feb-21-11, 12:52
Congrats! Hope to join you on the other side at some point.

F

fire_dancr
Mon, Feb-21-11, 15:39
I always stay the same weight all month and then suddenly lose like 5 lbs after TOM. Maybe you are like me :)

Tapestry
Mon, Feb-21-11, 18:18
Keep up the great work. I started by eliminating potatoes, rice and pasta from my family's meals. Then, no crackers in the house and so on and so on. I didn't tell them they couldn't have it. I just didn't provide it.

donnahill8
Mon, Feb-21-11, 20:26
Tapestry-- I didn't tell them they couldn't have it. I just didn't provide it.

Sounds like a great plan. When it's gone, it's gone! Buy for only special occasions, but my real plan is to convert to SF recipes even for company. I love to have dinner company. I'm a little scared to try candiflip's sweet recipes right now, because I don't want to start a habit. But it would be nice to know which ones I really would like to serve to company. If they're as good as they look, they'll all be delicious!!

fire dancer--I always stay the same weight all month and then suddenly lose like 5 lbs after TOM. Maybe you are like me

I'll take 5 lbs a month. That's half my goal, but I'll still take it.

Donna

FowlFiend
Tue, Feb-22-11, 09:17
13# in 5 weeks is fantastic! Congrats!!

freckles
Tue, Feb-22-11, 14:45
Congrats, Donna! I'm down 2 lbs. this morning and praying it will still be gone tomorrow and not do any more bouncing!

bigpaparn
Tue, Mar-01-11, 09:04
i get so pissed after standing on thje scale. i just put it back in the closet and going on overall feelings