PDA

View Full Version : So excited!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JFP 1975
Sat, Feb-19-11, 07:03
Hi everyone,

I went to the my primary on the 14th for a physical and blood work. I've been eating low carb for about 6 weeks and I was curious how my labs would shake out. I know 6 weeks isn't a long time, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Labs came in the mail yesterday!

She drew me for just about everything under the sun, so I won't bore you with all of it, but here are some of the highlights:

Total cholesterol: 115
HDL: 44
LDL: 60
Ratio: 2.61
Triglycerides: 56

Glucose: 73 (btw, this was just a random, not fasting, blood draw)
HbA1c: 5.3%

There's a ton more, but the bottom line is that I did not have ONE lab value out of normal range (CBC, Chem 14, hemogram, urinalysis, etc.), with the exception of ketones in my urine :lol:

Now, the sad part is that I don't have baseline labs from, say, 6 months ago. But I am fairly confident, given the way I had been feeling, that they would not have looked exactly like this :)

WereBear
Sat, Feb-19-11, 08:59
Incredible stats! The feeling good part is actually even better than the weight loss part... I can be in a stall, and still feeling great.

In my case, the borderline high blood pressure became what my PA loves to exclaim, "Perfect!"

purcy55
Sat, Feb-19-11, 09:18
Wow, that is truly incredible lab results, you should feel really good for yourself!! congratulations, and isn't the feeling good part what should be the most important?

bkloots
Sat, Feb-19-11, 10:02
Good work!

Currently I'm coaching a friend through the early stages of LC. She isn't losing weight as fast as she'd hoped, and I have to keep promising her that the unseen benefits are adding up. Hope her next blood work is as good as yours.

Best wishes.