PDA

View Full Version : New and excited!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sarasweet
Wed, Feb-16-11, 16:41
Hello to all I am 19, I am 5'4 and weigh 140. I dont want to lose alot but I sure do want to drop 15-20 pounds. I just cant lose it by a calorie diet. My boyfriend has been on the carb diet for 3 years now and has lost about 60 pounds. When I met him he weighed 260 and now he weighs 180 and has a 6 pack so congrats to him....now its my turn to lose the "gut" lol
I am very excited and hopefully I can learn lots of things about the carb diet on here and get to know everybody!!! I have been doing the diet for 3 days now, I have a strange taste in my mouth so i presume that I am in Ketosis. I have lost 4.5 pounds...which may just be waterweight but that makes me EXCITED!!!!
in 6 months me and my boyfriend are going to Grayton Beach, Florida... I have got to get this belly off of me.. whish me luck!! I wish everybody luck as well.
:wave:
~Sara~

lowjax
Wed, Feb-16-11, 16:45
Hey Sara, welcome to the board. This should help you get to your goal. That's an awesome first few days, but just a word of caution, don't be upset of you stall for a week or so after it. You have lost 25% of your weight in one week, it is going to take your body some time to sort all of that out. Stay strong and stick to it, even if you stall. You will make it.

FREE2BEME
Wed, Feb-16-11, 21:31
Great advice, lowjax. It's true. Just do some searches and you'll find that's a common occurance. Stay excited and stay strong! Welcome and congratulations on your success so far!