PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

carbnix
Tue, Feb-15-11, 19:10
Hi,

My name is Bruce and my wife and I have been living low carb in beautiful Victoria BC for a couple of years now. We started by reading everything we could find on low carb, then just jumped in with both feet. We don't follow any particular plan or diet, we find it much simpler to just eliminate carbs from what we eat. It would take more room that I have here to list everything that low carb has done for us, but we have both lost a significant amount of weight -- I would still like to lose a little more, and will -- and it has done wonders for controlling my Type II diabetes. I feel a bit like I've found a new religion (and I'm not a religious person), in that I'd like to convert everyone for their own good :)

I have lurked on this forum for a while, and when I saw a post I couldn't resist answering on another thread I decided it was time, like with the low carb lifestyle, to jump in with both feet -- and here I am!

lowjax
Tue, Feb-15-11, 19:16
Welcome to the forum, Bruce. There is a lot of good people, info, advice, etc here. Sounds like things are going great for you and your wife. Keep up the great work.