PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Arlington Tx

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

angelgirl6
Thu, Feb-10-11, 18:33
Hello, my name is Debbie and I just started exploring Atkins and the Cave man diet. I am more familiar with Atkins. Does the cave man diet allow you to lose like the Atkins or is it harder to lose on that one? I noticed it allows fruit so was wondering. Sounds pretty healthy though. I have five children, 3 have left the nest and are on their own and I have two teenagers at home 16 and 13 who want to kill one another, both boys. :) Anyway I am here to explore and see what I want to do, for now I am easing into the Atkins diet for the past week but I fell off the wagon today after 10 days and ate 2 doughnuts so I have to clear that sugar but that is all the sugar I have had in 10 days and for a sugar-holic that is amazing!! Nice to meet ya all! I moved to Texas 2 years ago from Portland Oregon, the land of rain!

anabolina
Thu, Feb-10-11, 20:39
Hi welcome Debbie. Don't worry about the doughnuts, life happens and you lasted 10 days before cheating, I'm sure you'll do great in the future!

Ironically, my mother is also a transplant from Portland albeit 30 years ago and she does talk about it once in awhile. I'll admit that we laught at her. lol. Idk about the Cave Man Diet, but it's always worth a shot, right.

1fatass
Sat, Feb-12-11, 20:00
welcome to the board. Not sure about the Cave man, but do know that Atkins works. Just find what works best for you. COnsider reading about both, and understand the science behind the diets, then make a choose.

again welcome

angelgirl6
Mon, Feb-14-11, 18:17
I am doing Atkins for now but decided against the cave man one, but I like the Carbohydrate Addicts diet too, it is like Atkins except it gives you one reward meal that has to be eaten in one hour and you have to balance it, like you cannot just eat a sweet, it has to be with a meal, one third protein, one third salad or veggies and one third, your sweet. At least you only have to be good 23 hours a day!! Ha!! People say they lose and quite a lot but I am not sure how, whenever I eat a sweet on Atkins, I do not lose at all, I don't gain normally but I don't lose either and sometimes I have a stall for 2 days. If I eat too much of a sweet, I gain 1 or 2 pounds and than it comes off in 2 days. I am researching the Carb addicts diet more.