PDA

View Full Version : is it just me?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

leslie30
Thu, Feb-10-11, 14:59
i was just wondering if this is normal or not when i make sugar free jello and go to eat it its so unbelively sweet sometimes its hard to eat cus its jus so sweet? same as with crystal light does anyone else find that or is it just me? also does anyone get kinda cold after eatting?

Brinethery
Thu, Feb-10-11, 18:20
A lot of people on here have chosen to ditch the aspartame. It's really tough for your body to process and it's linked to lots of health problems. I heard that it can slow down weight loss. Some people have said that they noticed a stall but when they stopped consuming aspartame, they saw more progress. Others say that they didn't experience any stalls.

Me personally, I don't crave sugar or aspartame so I just chose to not consume it. I don't want to consume anything that could potentially cause a stall.

Like other aspects of diet and exercise, it's all about experimentation and moderation. See how you feel after a few days of not consuming it and try to note if there are any differences. Like I said, some people can handle it.

mlk18
Thu, Feb-10-11, 18:45
My wife doubles the amount of water you're supposed to add to Crystal Lite and even then she thinks it's too sweet.

leslie30
Thu, Feb-10-11, 19:06
i seen a recipe for the jello to mix it with cream maybe that will lessen the sweetness but for now i think i'm going to stay away from sweets cus i had a platu type thing where i wouldnt go ethier way so i'm going to see if thats what the problem was if it was buh bye to sweetners for a while lol yes they said on the radio today for people who drink diet pop alot can cause them to have heart attacked and strokes defently dont want those

Elizellen
Fri, Feb-11-11, 06:13
If you manage a week or so without using sweeteners of eating food/drink with them in you will probably find that many foods taste sweet to you and that sweetened foods/drinks taste yuckyly too sweet.

*Sheila*
Fri, Feb-11-11, 06:37
HOnestly, the only time I enjoy sf jello is when it is mixed into a perfect cheesecake! :) **See the no bake recipe in the recipe forum!**

Ayustar
Fri, Feb-11-11, 08:08
The only way I can stomach SF Jello is with tons of whipped cream.

I used to eat it plain before, without issues but the all of a sudden it started to turn my stomach. So I don't even have it anymore. I would much rather eat regular, sugared Jello lol.

I can't drink Crystal Lite anymore for the same reason. I might get some and water it down though. The Ice Tea ones are a bit more tolerable.

I don't have a problem with Diet Soda though. I am currently trying to kick that habit or at least cut down. I don't WANT to but I should. I only have like two vices and that is one of them lol.

DeeCt
Fri, Feb-11-11, 18:30
My wife doubles the amount of water you're supposed to add to Crystal Lite and even then she thinks it's too sweet.

I do this as well... way too sweet for me!

Merpig
Fri, Feb-11-11, 20:33
I do this as well... way too sweet for me! Before I gave up Crystal Light for good I used to take those little individual packets of Crystal Light, supposedly for one glass, and add one to a gallon of water, and that was just about the right proportion for me. :D

deirdra
Sat, Feb-12-11, 12:25
Crystal Light is way too sweet. I use unsweetened Koolaid & add 1/2 tsp stevia (equivalent to half the amount of sugar called for - 1 cup).

AllieBaba
Sat, Feb-12-11, 12:34
I detest aspartame. As soon as it touches my mouth it feels like it zips through my whole body - like absorbine, for those who have ever touched it.

I have some splenda and I'm pretty happy with it. I don't use a lot; I'm going to pick up some liquid splenda and see if I like that as well. I actually enjoy the texture of sugar as much as the taste, so maybe the liquid will be a good way to wean myself of that craving.

I had sugar-free jello earlier this week; it tasted wonderful to me. I bought some and I'm going to make it today for the kids and me. I might mix mine up with a little sour cream or cream cheese and see how that goes....

1fatass
Sat, Feb-12-11, 19:34
jello is ok for me, best with little balls of cream cheese dropped in the jello before it sets up.

crystal light is an issue, i used to drink alot, but had bowel issues from it. what ever color I drank ended up passing all the way through. now I drink on occaision, and mix one part of the drink (as per directions) to 3 parts water..