PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Half Full but satisfied -- A Return Journey

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bostonkarl
Wed, Feb-09-11, 14:50
Just saying hello as I re-start a modified Atkins WOE. I've made it through Induction and am at that point where I have energy again and cravings are managable. Oh, and I am indeed losing weight while not wanting to gnaw on my desk lamp.

This marks a very strange chapter of my 48 yo life where many things really are quite good and, at the same time, other aspects make me feel like I'm lurching off a cliff. Its as if there is no center or balance at the moment. While I am gainfully employed (in a job I like!) and I am off steroids (prescription for severe skin issues), other areas aren't as wonderful. There has been quite a bit of sadness on the home front.

I've started a journal where I intend to stay focused on the good and to stay on track on what I can control. I will lose this 50#s. Call me Mr. Half Full :-)

oblong
Wed, Feb-09-11, 15:42
Hello bostonkarl and welcome to the forums! :wave:

You will find a lot of support and information here. I'm glad you've found a way to focus your mind on what is important. I have also managed to do this since the beginning of the year and am also thankful that I finally have a full time job to pay the bills.

Keep on keeping on, and good luck! :)

FatManMelt
Wed, Feb-09-11, 16:28
Hi BostonKarl - hopefully we can help each other reach our goals.

Elizellen
Thu, Feb-10-11, 11:42
Hi Karl! :wave:

Great progress so far :thup:

It is great to be in control of something in our life when other stuff is going haywire, keep up the good work!

Chris_D
Thu, Feb-10-11, 12:44
Welcome Aboard!

Congrats on your awesome accomplishments!

I posted in a message in your journal.

Keep up the great work or as I like to say, Keep Swimming!

~ Chris

bostonkarl
Fri, Feb-11-11, 07:43
Thanks everyone. And thank you Chris for visiting my new Journal.

TGIF! The weekend is almost here :-)