PDA

View Full Version : just acomplished something that i didnt know if i could do

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

leslie30
Sun, Feb-06-11, 18:38
just wanted to share that i went out for dinner tonight to chinese which is full of carbs carbs carbs but guess what I DIDNT GIVE IN i stuck with having some shrimp crab legs curry chicken and vegs and steak with vegs the only thing i gave in to was 1 breaded shrimp and 2 won tons in the soup other than that i did so good i'm proud of myself and just wanted to share and after the first plate i was soooooooo full i couldnt even eat any more if i wanted to (which is unusual for me cus i used to be able to eat at lest 2 plates some times 3)

Aujuba
Sun, Feb-06-11, 19:00
Good for you

In my case, just the shrimp and wontons would start to play with my body. I guess if I hadn't had any carbs all day I might be able to get away with it. The survivors in this game(not me of course) are the ones who don't sweat the small stuff and keep on going. I'm still sitting on the bench watching the show so obviously you've got to recognize that I'm just an observer at this point. Control, balance and determination haven't been my strong points.

WereBear
Mon, Feb-07-11, 07:29
It just keeps getting better. I've found most of those things hardly appeal any more.

Twizz1233
Mon, Feb-07-11, 07:54
Way to go! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I haven't yet dared go out for Chinese, but it's definitely one of our fav's! We have one place close by that will stir fry to order -- you pick out the meat, veggies, and sauce and they will fry it up for you while you watch. I'm planning on this "treat" once I lose a little more :agree:

Shaerona
Mon, Feb-07-11, 08:00
way to go! we went out to dinner last month for my DS's birthday and he chose chinese...i was sweating it (even asked ahead of time about acceptable foods)....i made it through without eating an eggroll, those little wonton noodles or anything that wasn't on plan. I know what an accomplishment it is...KUTGW!

Patina
Mon, Feb-07-11, 08:47
I'm impressed! I know I'm not ready to face the choices that abound on the average menu at a Chinese restaurant so good for you for making the best choices for you!

I think we often don't give ourselves enough credit when we navigate through those situations where we could completely lose it but manage to hang on!

Barnrat
Mon, Feb-07-11, 13:09
Good job! Eating out is scary for me right now, so I'm impressed at how well you did!

leslie30
Mon, Feb-07-11, 17:40
thanks for all the support i'm getting there slowly altho i did learn one thing even tho i did well i still dont think i'm ready for it i think all the salt in it may have made me gain 1 lb i'm not to sure but that doesnt bother me to much since its only 1 and i did get more out of it than just that lol

Fialka
Mon, Feb-07-11, 21:52
It just keeps getting better. I've found most of those things hardly appeal any more.

I'm in the stage where it appeals to me but never tastes as good as I remember. :lol:

Congrats Leslie! You did great!

F