PDA

View Full Version : New To This

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Shandy16
Fri, Feb-04-11, 21:33
Hi, I started Atkins on 1-24-11 and currently in the induction phase. This is my first time on a actual diet, but I have decided that the way I was living before wasn't working for me so I want to make this a life long change. My husband being a diabetic, also had enough of high carbs and junk foods and joined me in this. We know now that our careless eating habits are affecting our kids, and we refuse to let them suffer from our ways any longer. Chips are no longer allowed in this house! lol

So far I have lost 7 pds in 11 days, and my husband has lost 10 pds. We are still learning , and surprisingly we have not had much trouble with carb cravings. We are going by the New Atkins for a New You, and so far we feel this will be a very rewarding journey. Looking forward to learning more from all the LC experts on this site. :)

oblong
Sat, Feb-05-11, 07:54
Welcome! :wave: You will find a lot of information and support here. It's good that you have a partner on the same page as you as well so you can pull each other through when it gets tough.

Good luck on your journey!

Shandy16
Sat, Feb-05-11, 09:56
Thank you oblong, we are so excited about doing this. We already feel so much better about ourselves.

Elizellen
Sun, Feb-06-11, 09:36
Welcome to the board, both of you :wave:
And congratulations on your progress so far! :cheer: