PDA

View Full Version : Back on the plan......again!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Badd Water
Thu, Feb-03-11, 20:18
Well here I am! They say the 3rd time is a charm! My name is Jeff....I am 6 foot 4 and on January 4th I weighed in at 286 lbs. One month in to Atkins I have already dropped 26 lbs. Over last summer I lost a lot of weight...then as soon as August hit...I got really sick and was forced to take steroids. I gained a ton of weight in a very short time.

I know I can do this...as I have been a low carber pretty much for the last 5 years. A biggest Loser contest at work made me realize at the age of 42 how the extra weight is making me feel....so I am in! One month in I am in first place with a 9.09 percent loss. My goal weight is 200 lbs..(this may be too light for my 6 foot 4 build not sure). I know quite a bit about this WOE so perhaps I can help some of you as we battle this together.

tommiec68
Thu, Feb-03-11, 20:48
Hi Jeff, welcome back. This is my 3rd go too but this time I am determined and am sticking to it and exercising. Wow 26 lbs already, I am jellous. Keep it up and I hope you win.

Tammie

WereBear
Thu, Feb-03-11, 20:49
Hope you are feeling better! As you should, eating this way.