PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

NotAHobbit
Mon, Jan-31-11, 11:58
Hello, everyone, my name is Megan.

I'm not exactly completely new to the world of low carb dieting, in fact I've tried this many times before. It's always been difficult, though, as my mother seems to do everything in her power to both put me down and sabotage me. Also, I found it hard to go out with friends and diet at the same time. I was always so self conscious about telling them that I was dieting or tipping them off to it.

This time I told them, and they're all completely supporting me. :)
One of my female friends is also even dieting with me.

I'm counting today as my first day of dieting, because I messed it up horribly this weekend.

I weigh 195 and my goal weight is 130.
My first real goal is the -10lbs mark.

Brinethery
Tue, Feb-01-11, 13:48
You can do it!

I know what you mean with the sabotage thing. 4 days into induction, my boyfriend asked me if I'd like to try some smoked fish at his grandma's house. I say okay, and I tell him to tell her that I don't want any mashed potatoes. Guess what I get on my plate? But that fish was so strong and nasty, I had to eat the potatoes to minimize the flavor.

And in general, it seems like the universe is out of alignment whenever I start dieting (this time I want it to be a permanent way of eating). In the past, when I wanted to eat bad foods, they were never around. But then when I wanted to start carefully watching what I was putting in my mouth, there would be a family get-together and all of the older people like my grandma or my boyfriend's grandma would try to shove food and rich desserts down my throat.

My boyfriend and I got fat as a couple due to all of the stress from college. He's 50 lbs overweight and I'm 30 lbs overweight. When either of us got home, we both had no ambition to exercise and all we wanted to do was sit in front of the TV and shove in the carbs.

I think all of us on the lowcarber forum had a very strong experience that pushed each of us to stop our way of eating in its track and say ENOUGH. Furthermore, all of us are very sensitive to the peer-pressure eating because, let's face it, it happens to everyone.

Good luck on your journey to feeling better mentally and physically.

emereldas
Mon, Feb-07-11, 13:22
Welcome Megan. Glad you joined us. You messed up no big deal. Start again. This diet is forgiving. I shouldnt call it that this is the new way of eating. It works great. I am one of the lucky ones that has the support of my loving hubby and kids. Good luck to you.