PDA

View Full Version : Saying hello.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ianman1128
Fri, Jan-28-11, 07:49
Hello to everyone! I have come across this forum by way of a Google search and it looks just like the thing Im looking for. After much planning (aka procrastinating) my diet is starting today. I am trying Zone diet ~ 16 blocks, with low carbs (not as strict as paleo but Im using it as a guidline) A guy at work does paleo/zone with great results, I get a lot of advice from him and I believe I thrive on low carb. I have not started exercise yet, but will after the weekend. I will have to go slow as I am Very out of shape. I have a great support structure around me, better than I ever had and believe I can do this. Ill come back to the forums to check info thats all around me, share my story and hear yours. I dont know if the personal info at registration is public but Im 35 5'11" 234 lbs. I think my fat was 39% (almost all belly fat). Looking to get down to a fit 185 or so, weight isnt the main goal. First question would be about if anyone had tried this version of diet? Ive doubled the the fats and cut the carbs in half to balance the numbers, and is this what youre supposed to do as Ive read? (so a meal would be 4P 2C 8F). Thank you!

lizzyLC
Fri, Jan-28-11, 10:32
Welcome ianman!

Lots of paleo people on this site. I always found the Zone to be confusing and was put off by the counting of blocks but if it works for you that's great. Good luck to you.