PDA

View Full Version : could someone please

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Symphonyod
Thu, Jan-27-11, 14:14
tell me to throw away the keto stix?

I'm day two into lo carb and nothing is registering on the sticks.. and I KNOW I shouldn't be discouraged.. but...

I am....

blah!

mainecyn
Thu, Jan-27-11, 14:18
Your sticks aren't showing anything? Is that what you are saying?> Give it a little more time. Its kindda like stepping on the scale several times a day, it will just get you discouraged. I have never used the sticks, couldn't ever tell you when i was in ketosis or not, but i dropped weight. I don't know if it makes a difference, but are you drinking your water, and what time of day are you "testing" I would think that you would have better or more accurate results in the a.m. before you use the bathroom.

Nancy LC
Thu, Jan-27-11, 14:28
The sticks don't really mean anything. After a while you adapt to ketosis and you won't be able to turn it purple for anything. It doesn't mean you're not in ketosis, it just means you're burning up the ketones, or they're too diluted to register on the strips.

Symphonyod
Thu, Jan-27-11, 14:42
I know I am ridiculous.. I know!! That's what I needed to hear.. You were correct.. they are not showing anything.. lol.. Thanks again!

joycie
Fri, Jan-28-11, 05:39
I deleted a nice long message by mistake - now in hurry.

briefly

leave them in the cupboard
Can tell on scales if you are eating right!

gwynne2
Fri, Jan-28-11, 06:35
Throw them away, but if you really want you can check the expiration date first.

It took a month of me not realizing I had an expired bottle to give up on the stupid things. :)

cheers2you
Fri, Jan-28-11, 21:07
I would rely on how your jeaNs feel and fit instead. It takes time and time is going to go by regardless. :)

Symphonyod
Sat, Jan-29-11, 08:59
you all are right.. I needed to hear it. THANK YOU! (ps.. I'm being purple now)