PDA

View Full Version : I'm Baa-aack!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

flipleis
Thu, Jan-27-11, 10:34
I took an almost 3 month sabbatical from LC while I was working on a movie. The stress was incredible and brought my weight to its lowest in years...but unfortunately, or fortunately, this didn't last as eventually the adrenaline that is pushing the metabolism has to ebb...or you burn out your adrenals! But I must say, there were times when I knew I could eat whatever I wanted and not gain weight, or if I did, it fell off right away. After it was all over, and my uber-slow metabolism was in charge, I gained 8 or 9 pounds but in the last week I'm back on track and maybe up 3 pounds from the lowest weight stats on my chart.

So coming back into the fold...and the level of support and wisdom on this forum is something I'm looking forward to re-connecting with. Glad to see the site is still going strong!

It's also nice to know that the foundation I started in my last foray into LC is still with me, I have a way (through myplan and my journal) to see what my patterns are, what the best ratios for calories and carbs are for me and can refer to this as I continue. It's like easing back into a very comfortable couch...

Nanu
Sat, Jan-29-11, 16:54
Welcome back and wishing you well!

Take care