PDA

View Full Version : Another newby

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

VictoryBel
Tue, Jan-25-11, 04:49
Morning,

I have been looking for ages for an active low carb forum to join so I am very happy to have found you all.

I lost a lot of weight before, put it all back on again after a horrible 2010 and am now ready to start again and shift this weight for good this time.

I have been eating low carb since the beggining of the year and have lost 12lbs so far. I am very pleased. It is easier this time round as the entire family are eating the same way at home (if the kids want sandwiches for school dinner I am not going to complain though) My husband is "doing" it with me as well, he is eating low carb at lunch at the office.

We are exercising more as a family as well which is fab.

My exercise through the week will consist of Yoga, Swimming and 2 long walks, plus running round after the kids at home!

I am following Arthur Devany's Evolutionary Fitness Plan as I originally started low carbing not only to lose weight but as I was pre diabetic and his research on the way foods can control it was amazing. I can still eat some fruit and veg along with my meat so its pretty similar to most other kids of low carb diets.

I find lots of negative comments from people when I tell them what plan I am following to lose weight - though funnily not one when I was doing nothing and hanging around at 15 1/2 stones which surely is more damaging to my health?

Anyway, it will be nice to chat with you all and keep me focused.

Look forward to speaking with you,

Victoria x

Mama Sebo
Tue, Jan-25-11, 05:14
Hi Victoria! Welcome to the forum. Sounds as though you have things ready for the long haul, already 12 lbs gone and family on board -- can't ask for more! If you're like me you'll enjoy picking around and finding whats available on the board, there are many different forums to read or take part in, on just about any subject you can think of, including arguments for and against just about anything, and recipes which make lc-ing easier at home. Also, I enjoy stopping by other people's journals to see whats up with them. You are welcome to mine any time, it goes without saying of course! Well, take care and congrats on your quick success, here's to more to come! -- oh, are you going to start a journal? --in the journal forum, its a good next step to take, before you get too much written here!
EB

VictoryBel
Tue, Jan-25-11, 06:15
Hi Victoria! Welcome to the forum. Sounds as though you have things ready for the long haul, already 12 lbs gone and family on board -- can't ask for more! If you're like me you'll enjoy picking around and finding whats available on the board, there are many different forums to read or take part in, on just about any subject you can think of, including arguments for and against just about anything, and recipes which make lc-ing easier at home. Also, I enjoy stopping by other people's journals to see whats up with them. You are welcome to mine any time, it goes without saying of course! Well, take care and congrats on your quick success, here's to more to come! -- oh, are you going to start a journal? --in the journal forum, its a good next step to take, before you get too much written here!
EB

Thanks, I have been having a good look round and there seems to be a great support network here.

I was doing a weight loss blog but think I may switch to here instead, or at least copy and paste from one to the other!

Vic x