PDA

View Full Version : Hello :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MommyScott
Thu, Jan-20-11, 11:32
My name is Christina, I'm a mommy to 6 children, newly pregnant with #7 and I've been very familiar with the Low Carb train of thought for a long time, but I've been more of a groupie than a follower. I've thoroughly read Protein Power and Protein Power Lifeplan and firmly believe that if I would DO it, it would work! Any weight loss I've had has been related to lowering my carb intake and exercise although I've never been able to stick to a very low carb intake. I don't have a ton of weight to lose (about 30lbs). The biggest hurdle I see at the moment is I take sugar in my coffee and drink 1-2 cups a day. I did artificial sweeteners for several years, but decided it wasn't worth the risk to continue using them. I hope through having support and community, I will have some success! I am not trying to lose any weight per say while pregnant, but I want to maintain my current weight (meaning, I'd be simultaneously losing fat and gaining weight from the pregnancy), I was able to do this successfully during my last pregnancy and was 15lbs lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight after giving birth. I am also breastfeeding my 9 month old son and am trying to figure out what a good carb range would be for me.

LC_mermaid
Fri, Jan-21-11, 14:14
Christina, welcome and good luck!

Elizellen
Sat, Jan-22-11, 06:18
Hi Christina :wave:
Welcome to the board!!

I am not sure what your plan suggests as suitable for someone who is pregnant, but on the plan I follow it is suggested someone pregnant or nursing follows the maintenance phase of it.

That would be basically not eating sugar and having small portions (if any) of the starchy foods like grains and potatoes and rice etc - I suppose just avoiding the 'whites'!

MommyScott
Sat, Jan-22-11, 13:12
Hi Christina :wave:
Welcome to the board!!

I am not sure what your plan suggests as suitable for someone who is pregnant, but on the plan I follow it is suggested someone pregnant or nursing follows the maintenance phase of it.

That would be basically not eating sugar and having small portions (if any) of the starchy foods like grains and potatoes and rice etc - I suppose just avoiding the 'whites'!

Hi Elizellen!

It doesn't have any actual suggestions for pregnancy or breastfeeding, so after reading somewhere about Dr Atkins suggesting that pregnant or nursing women should follow maintenance levels, that's what I am trying to do :)

Elizellen
Sun, Jan-23-11, 05:53
Good :thup: Better to be safe than sorry!!