PDA

View Full Version : new to forum not new to atkin's...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JermeL
Mon, Jan-17-11, 20:10
Hi all, as the title says i'm new here but not new to diet.

Just wanted to introduce myself. Quick story, no time yet. Quick points of my life:

Started in '04 i believe. i was 316!!! Guess that's what you get for doing nothing but sitting around at work then go out drinking and eating right before bed.

Started my diet along with exercise, went down to my lowest ever in 2007 down to 220!!!

fiance got pregnant in '08 and i guess it was sympathy weight lol :D that plus she'd say she's hungry and i'll tell her i'll get it... she'll ask "what are you gonna have?" i say, "nothing." then she'll say' "it's okay, i won't have anything either then." lol i know its not her fault i could have had something healthy but hey that's my excuse! heh heh jk.

well, baby turned 1 in oct last year and we started our diet the week before thanksgiving. (i know bad week to start) cheated a lil on thanksgiving and a lil bit on Christmas. Yet slowly but surely i'm shedding the weight off again!!

start weight in nov was 265, broke into the 30s yesterday(238) and i was so excited i had to make a post! my goal before vegas (4/1/11) is 200 but i'll be happy if i'm close to it.

My main goal is to be down to 180 by our wedding date on sept 1st. (The main reason we both started our diets) It's going to be in hawaii so beach bodies is our goal. Wish us luck!!

p.s. she is on metafast, i've been really trying to convert her to atleast try Atkin's for 2 weeks but she won't give in. I guess whatever works for her then she should do it. she's also lost 20 lbs herself and i'm really really proud of her. it just seems like it's hard work for her to eat all that cardboard :p

wow so much for a quick post... sorry for the bad grammer. thanks for reading

LC_mermaid
Fri, Jan-21-11, 14:00
Welcome aboard, congratulations on your upcoming wedding and hitting the 230s!!!!

Elizellen
Sat, Jan-22-11, 06:48
Welcome to the board, Jerme! :thup:

Although your fiancee is on a different weightloss regime it is good that both of you have decided to change your previous eating habits to become fitter and healthier :cheer:
With your positive attitude and such great motivation as your wedding to look forward to I am sure you will both be big losers!!! :agree: