PDA

View Full Version : New member

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jetgemini
Fri, Jan-14-11, 14:29
New member :help: As I am new to this site I look forward to meeting other members. I fell off the low carb wagon and I am back with a vengence. Looking to chat with others who may be supportive as I will be.

ceemyheart
Fri, Jan-14-11, 19:57
Welcome ! I wish you the best of luck and look forward to sharing stories, offering support and laughing at the bad times. I will be looking for you ! You can do this time !

jetgemini
Sat, Jan-15-11, 08:58
thank you Cee, I am just so happy today because I have already begun to lose half a pound since yesterday. The old saying every journey begins with the first step comes to mind. Hope you are doing well. Jet

farm_girl
Sat, Jan-15-11, 11:32
Welcome! I just stared LCing on 1/1 and I am excited everytime I see that I am losing. Welcome to the forum and as I have found out, if you have any questions there are plenty of helpfull people out there willing to give you advice.

jetgemini
Sun, Jan-16-11, 10:30
Gosh I just posted a reply to farmgirl et al and this reply to thread thing came up/ well anyway I am feeling very positive about my new lifestyle and I am also going to start journal my food intake. I am having a nice juicy steak for Sunday dinner and I had bacon and eggs for breakfast. We can do this we can all do this.

farm_girl
Tue, Jan-25-11, 21:54
How's things going? I just read on the Valentine's Day countdown you were up a little. Don't get discouraged, I kept going back up to 169, I'd lose every day and then I'd go right back up to 169 for a while (like a week) and I finally started to see the numbers go down to 167. I think your body has to adjust, I read something called "post induction stall" so I am going to attribute that to it. Just thought I'd check up on ya!

jetgemini
Wed, Jan-26-11, 06:50
Hi girl, I am up to 163.7 and losing hope fast. I have been stress eating because I need to sell my house and move back west. With the economy like it is I am having a hard time and I know it is no excuse to eat for diversion or perhaps just crazy. Anyway I just cannot give up.

farm_girl
Thu, Jan-27-11, 07:26
I know what you mean. I found out this week that I am going to have to move out of the house I am living in, and sell my animals (unless by a miracle I can rent a place with farm land). I would gain a few pounds (169), then go down, then go back up after I got close to 167, now I am slowly going back down (and I do stress slowly). Don't give up! Our lives can be stressful sometimes, but with patience and perseverance we can over come!

Depending on what type of snacks you like, I grabbed some sugar free candy to settle my stress reliever. Of course the next day I knew that I had ate it, but I was so happy while I was eating chocolate lol.

jetgemini
Fri, Jan-28-11, 17:27
I am so sorry to hear about your moving trouble Farmgirl. I have a great big Irish wolf hound that is like my fur child and I don't know what I would do without him. He goes where I go and has been such a comfort to me when my husband died. I am really inspired by your determination and now I am going to get on with it and not just try, just do it'