PDA

View Full Version : A man steps in from the cold...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Dualhammer
Thu, Jan-06-11, 15:19
The light lingers around his puffy face as he stands in the doorway. His eyes sweep across the room and his brow furrows with a concerned air. You can tell he is in earnest; searching for something of great importance. He takes a step forward and the floor creeks under his girth. Despite this he does not walk with the slow, stumbling waddle generally found in a man of his size but rather each step he makes is strong and determined. His eyes continue to watch the room as he moves over to a table near you where he sits down. His short, full, beard carries the last drifts of snow from the storm outside and they fall as he removes his long heavy coat and lets it hang over the back of the chair. He catches sight of you watching him and he turns deliberately to face you - his eyes looking you over with an intensity of one in study. A moment passes, then two, before he opens his mouth to speak.

"Hello there."

He leans in closer to you, eager to be heard.

"I was told this is a place where I might find what I need. More precisely, I could find those people I need. I am setting out on a journey, and I require companions to accompany me. It will be a long and difficult journey, but it is one that must be taken, and I need to find those willing to see it through to the end."

The light from the windows catch his face and his eyes glint with fierce determination.

"Are you one of those people?"

newme2010
Thu, Jan-06-11, 16:03
well written . and yes i am one of those people willing to take this journey with you. even though we have different ways of getting to the end i will take those steps with you.

jenwilgo
Thu, Jan-06-11, 16:33
"I am one of these people as well" adds another. Sensing the mans urgent need to see his journey through to the end which will provide him much in return of the efforts that he has put forth to travel such a distance. He will find much good fortune in the way of personal satisfaction and a renewed sense of control that is empowering to all but out of the reach of those who have never walked the steps of the journey on which he is about to embark.

Welcome, we are glad to have you!