PDA

View Full Version : Low Carbing Weight Watcher

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

faydunaway
Thu, Jan-06-11, 11:27
:help: I know I am running the risk of the wrath of many out there.

I am wondering if there is another person who might be a low carbing Weight Watcher. I joined WW online and am enjoying the food journal, point system and an acknowledging of the body's need for fiber.

I have found that I am losing (slowly) while eating less than 150 carbs a day and sticking to a point value of 29+/- per day.

I think that when I slow down in my loss I will tweak and do more LC and less WW. I really think that at 55 years old my metabolism needs the fiber to scoot things through the gut and of course the vitamins and minerals that come from good quality carbs.

I don't mean to discount anyone else's plan just wondering if anyone else is or has done this approach and if so, how did it help or not.

Thanks in advance. :wave:

chell02
Thu, Jan-06-11, 11:42
I don't think you're going to incur wrath, just a lot of responses along the lines of mine - it's incredibly difficult to be both low carb and low calorie, which is what you're going to essentially be doing, although it's possible I guess. And an Atkins or SB type diet will give you plenty of fiber, and you're free to supplement with benefiber et al.

Have you considered switching over to the WW plan that doesn't use points (don't remember what they're calling it) and using that list but keeping it lower carb? I think that would make your life a lot easier and while it wouldn't be the worlds easiest diet to stick to, you'd have WAY more flexibility and fewer headaches. I'm Gluten intolerant and tried that plan for a bit minus all the really high-carb wheat stuff. I didn't lose anything, probably because low-carb to me at the time meant low sugar and I ate a bajillion legumes, but it's certainly a healthy enough diet if you limit the wheat products (which you'd have to to stay under 50 carbs if you still want your good veg).

Good luck and hope you stick around for responses from people who are way more experienced with this than I am!