PDA

View Full Version : getting back to good. :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ravens4me
Wed, Jan-05-11, 19:16
So, here i am 41 and over 300 pounds for the first time in my life... :help:
Last time i started at 286, i chose to put myself in 2nd place, instead of 1st, choosing someone else's opinion of me over my own well-being, and have lived and learned now. So, here i am *smiles* ready to start anew, i have the date set for January 16th and am, amazingly enough, eager and looking forward to this. i had tried to go vegetarian, but it seems my body doesn't respond well to this, nor am i truly able to afford to, nor willing to take so much time to prepare meals. The less time i spend on my meals the less i obsess about food. So, for me, it's the old adage of "keep it simply, sweety".
i am fairly new to knitting, i have 2 'tiels and 2 budgies (these are my "kids"). i'm single and loving living in DeKalb. (i've only been in town about 5 months.)
i DO know that i am in need of a support group of sorts, in person or online, although in person tends to be most effective. i'd LOVE to be able to find a walking/biking buddy as the weather warms up a bit.
i write a little bit of "poetry" and am an avid fan of reading, from medical thrillers to informative books on how the body works (and what keeps it from working correctly). i watch tv on occasion but am more likely to be online. i do respite care for a friend a few times a month and full-time for my bestie who lives nearby.
i have bi-polar, adhd, situational anxiety (at times), and am part of a support group, as well as taking meds. i miss being able to take lower doses of some and none of others, as i was able to when i followed the Atkins program in the past. i had lost 130 pounds, felt, and looked amazing. i want that me back that was full of joy and promise, able to give and not be self-conscious every waking moment. In short, i'm here to get ~me~ back. :)
all the best to everyone here.
May you find and achieve your hearts' desires!
~ raven
ahh p.s. ... i'm switching from cigarettes to the electronic ones very soon (as soon as the package arrives, in fact...), i'm hoping this will help me quit this habit, as well.

freckles
Thu, Jan-06-11, 00:20
You've definitely come to the right place for support! Welcome and good luck on Atkins!!!

I have been smoke free for 11 weeks thanks to my e-cig!!!! I smoked for 30+ years and for the first time in a LONG time I don't hack in the mornings and I don't smell disgusting. My doc is going to be thrilled at my next appointment. It can work. Good luck with that as well!

Elizellen
Thu, Jan-06-11, 10:38
Hi Raven :wave: Welcome to the board!
It sounds as if you are well prepared and motivated to embark on your Atkins journey :thup:

Artist37
Thu, Jan-06-11, 13:39
I have been here before and made it down to 215lbs or so...and I gave up at some point. I've put on 8 - 10 lbs more than my heaviest weight. Ugh!

Love to have a buddy to check in on one another. Stop by my journal anytime