PDA

View Full Version : Just starting out....again.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

newfiemom
Tue, Dec-28-10, 18:18
Greetings!
I am Anita from west KY. I am just starting to do the low carb diet again. I did it about five years ago and lost 60 lb and felt great. Kept it off for about a year then fell back into old habits.
I have been "dieting" since I was about 15 years old. I just turned 50 in June and am heavier than I have ever been.
Ideally, I would like to lose about 135 lb. Realistically, if I can lose 90 I would be extremely happy.
I just found this site last night and have been looking around (the forum is huge!). Have already printed out a couple of recipes.
Just wanted to pop in and say "hi".

Blackstone
Tue, Dec-28-10, 18:28
Welcome! :) I just started "again" today as well.

AlionDukan
Tue, Dec-28-10, 19:53
heynewfiemom, welcome right back. i just stumbled accross this site too at 01.45 GMT London, worried that at 275 I won't fit into the airplane seat for a holiday in spain in a couple weeks. Pretty sure I will but even the worry is motivation to do the low carb thing. It's the only thing that has ever worked: rapid weight loss and clear thinking but then I just go right back to the carbs like the food junkie that I am. I'm trying the Dukan Diet, which is low carb. Later today, which will be my day one I start the "attack phase" for 5 days, all lean low fat protein and nothing else. I feel fat, my health is in serious trouble and I'm so glad I've found this forum. I'm fed up of the carb is good propaganda. more and more i have found people who come from even bigger numbers than me have lost weight and invariably its been low carb...so why does the medical establishment still push the carbs? ok, rant over. its the middle of the night here in London should sign off. welcome again newfiemom.

frainfam
Tue, Dec-28-10, 20:16
Welcome, welcome! :)

mom_of_2
Tue, Dec-28-10, 20:28
HI!!! I, too, am starting (again). I was on Atkins in 03 and lost 60 lbs and then thought I was "safe" and went back to my old ways. NOT this time! Just know that anything you set your mind to, you CAN do! Good luck!

FREE2BEME
Tue, Dec-28-10, 23:06
Good luck and welcome! We're here for you!

SkippySue
Tue, Dec-28-10, 23:14
I am also starting this again. I lost about 65 lbs in 2000 and did what everyone else does, went right back to the way I was eating and gained it all back and then some. I feel very out of control right now and am looking forward to getting that control back. I know that this works and the key for me will be keeping it off once I lose the weight. I know I will need support! I went out and bought a new copy of DANDR and after New Year's I will have a house stocked with Induction foods ready to go.

Welcome to everyone else too!

newfiemom
Tue, Dec-28-10, 23:21
Thanks everyone, for the warm welcome. :wave:
I am sorry to hear that so many others are struggling......But it is comforting to know I am not the only one.... :agree: