PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY saying Hi!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mom_of_2
Wed, Dec-22-10, 16:56
OK, so I have been lurking around for about two weeks and I have finally decided to jump in and say :wave: HI!!! :wave: I have read sooooo much and learned sooooo much just from reading and I am hoping to continue learning by actually being involved.

I started out at 223 lbs and lost to 206 with low fat/low cal and exercise. I decided to start Atkins Dec 8. I am now down to 196. My long-term goal is 125 but right now I am taking it 1 lb at a time. I was on Atkins in 2002-2003 and lost about 60 lbs in 3 months so I know it can be done. I decided to take out my book and I re-read it front to back in a couple days. The day after I finished reading my book, I was beginning induction. I do know now that my reason for gaining the weight back was because of the way I viewed Atkins. I thought of it as a way to lose weight and once I did I went right back to the way I had been eating my entire life. BIG MISTAKE!!!! I now realize that this has to be a permanent change in my life and I am READY for it. I refuse to put my body (and my mind) through this turmoil again!!

OK!!! Now I think I have made this post long enough...I really look forward to getting to know you wonderful people. I know that you all will make this journey a much more bearable experience for me! Thank you for taking the time to read my (book) introduction.

AND MOST IMPORTANT: I want to say :cheer: CONGRATULATIONS :cheer: to each and everyone of you who have lost weight and those of you who have taken the initiative to lose weight!! This is one step in our lives that we will NOT regret!!!!

pinkclouds
Wed, Dec-22-10, 16:58
Hi Momof2! congrats on your success so far! And thanks for delurking! Look forward to getting to know "less" of you. ;)

jgmusicfan
Wed, Dec-22-10, 18:04
Glad you found us :) I'm back at square one as well and have the same mindset. Welcome!

mom_of_2
Wed, Dec-22-10, 18:39
Thank you so much for the welcome!!!

pinkclouds-good luck with your continuing weight loss!!! You look absolutely amazing! It's amazing how I can be so excited for someone I have only just "met"!!!!

jgmusicfan-sorry u have to start over.....but I guess, like me, its a lesson learned, right? Good luck to you and i can't wait to follow your journey!!!

charmer56
Wed, Dec-22-10, 18:49
Welcome Mom of 2, congrats on joining!!!!!

ringamajig
Wed, Dec-22-10, 19:06
Hi Mom of Two and welcome. :wave:

Lots of support and some really great recipes are here. Glad that you have joined us.
Rox

tlc63
Thu, Dec-23-10, 01:58
Welcome! :wave:
I've done the same in the past. Lost the weight and regressed to my old way of eating only to gain it back and then some! I too have the mindset that this is a way of life and ready to lose the weight once and for all and KEEP it off. This is a terrific place to be to stay motivated.
:cheer: Congratulations on a great start and making some positive choices that will change your life for the better!!

FREE2BEME
Thu, Dec-23-10, 06:38
Welcome :wave: and congrats on your success! You've done it once before, and you can do it again!

mom_of_2
Thu, Dec-23-10, 08:04
Awwww!!! Thanks you all!! You are wonderful and I can see that I will get a LOT of my inspiration from you all!!!

Chris_D
Sun, Dec-26-10, 12:55
Welcome Aboard :wave:

This is a great place for support, knowledge, inspiration and motivation!

My advice is to start a journal, its a wonderful tool to track, record and a great way to meet others by reading their's (feel free to pop by mine anythime!).

Wishing you all the best in your journey!

Happy Holidays Mom of 2!

Cheers,

~ Chris ~