PDA

View Full Version : WEll here i am...i am a new low carber.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

merrilee[
Tue, Dec-21-10, 13:58
hi ...i am relatively new to this low carb way of life. i did it a few years ago and did well..but i one day had a yucky sweet tooth and overdid and never totally got back to plan. i was successful before that day and lost 20 pounds in 2 mths but gained it back and then some. i tried again but again had another day where i went to carbs and boom, right back to the addiction.

:wave:
i need a buddy or somebody who can guide me through and help when times get tough. lol
i wish everyone a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!

Chris_D
Tue, Dec-21-10, 17:20
Welcome! :wave:

First and foremost....YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :agree:

Second....this is THE best forum for support, motivation, inspiration and the proverbial kick in the a$$ when you need it most!!

Third....if you don't have one already, pick yourself up a copy of Dr.Atkins book; read it cover to cover and have it close at hand to refer to it over and over.

Fourth....start a journal; its an excellent tool to track and record and to be accountable to yourself! Spend time reading other's, you'll get to know people with similar triumphs and challenges thus developing your own personal support network (feel free to pop by mine :) )

And finally (bet ya never thought I'd shut up ;) )....Plan, plan and PLAN!

YOU CAN DO IT; YOU'RE WORTH THE EFFORT!!!

Happy Holidays and good luck on your journey to a healthier and happier YOU!!

Cheers,

~ Chris ~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marcia 519
Thu, Dec-23-10, 08:16
A few years ago I started the SB diet and loved it but the problem is I have strayed and I want to go back to it.....problem? a sweet tooth (baked goods and bread). I feel I need to communicate with others who are living the low carb lifestyle for support and/or to get ideas on what to do when your mind is saying, "eat that cookie". I would like a low carb buddy so we can support each other in this quest.

Marcia 519
Thu, Dec-23-10, 08:22
hi ...i am relatively new to this low carb way of life. i did it a few years ago and did well..but i one day had a yucky sweet tooth and overdid and never totally got back to plan. i was successful before that day and lost 20 pounds in 2 mths but gained it back and then some. i tried again but again had another day where i went to carbs and boom, right back to the addiction.

:wave:
i need a buddy or somebody who can guide me through and help when times get tough. lol
i wish everyone a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!
Hello Merrilee

I just joined to get support as well. Wish you the best on your goals.