PDA

View Full Version : tried everything else!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dottiedo
Sun, Dec-19-10, 08:54
hello all, im a granny and throughout life have tried all the fad diets, just hoping this isnt one of them. my sister has been successful on the four corners plan,60 grams carbs per day. she tried atkins and didnt feel well so said i should at least try this. she lost 60 lbs. in seven months.

Elizellen
Sun, Dec-19-10, 10:20
Welcome to the board, Dottie!!

Being a granny should not matter when it comes to lowcarbing success. I am not a granny but was 54 years old when I started Atkins and there are many older members here who have done well on their chosen plans.

Though some diets could be described as being 'fad diets' most of the ones followed here are not, Atkins being one of them.

I don't know anything about your chosen plan but wish you well on your lowcarbing journey!

miha1235
Sun, Dec-19-10, 23:48
welcome dottie :) so gald you joined us

tlc63
Mon, Dec-20-10, 01:12
Welcome to the site and a new you. Atkins works Ive had terrific success in the past. Ive let myself gain over the past several years so I'm back to do this again and I'm determined to stick with it this time. I have to think of this as a lifestyle not a diet.
Good luck and use the members stories for inspiration it really helps to know your not alone.

black57
Mon, Dec-20-10, 11:07
hello all, im a granny and throughout life have tried all the fad diets, just hoping this isnt one of them. my sister has been successful on the four corners plan,60 grams carbs per day. she tried atkins and didnt feel well so said i should at least try this. she lost 60 lbs. in seven months.

THe reason most people feel so bad on the Induction phase of Atkins is that the carb count is quite low and quite new to our physical cocmfort zone. Your body will protest such low level of carbohydrates BUT your body can and will adapt to a such a low level of carbohydrates. That being said, you only need to do a minnimum of a 2 weeks on induction. I have actually progressed to the point where my carbohydrate intake is probably under 10 grams a day. I no longer count my carbs. I consume a high fat, protein diet which includes nutrient dense veggies, fruit etc. I have had an incredible journey creating a healthy low carb lifestyle. I have done this for 9 years and I look forward to celebrating my 10th anniversary next year.

Shay0969
Mon, Dec-20-10, 11:58
Welcome from another newbie. Best wishes as you discover a smaller you ;)

dottiedo
Mon, Dec-20-10, 22:42
thanks for all the encouragement,, this is definately not going to be another diet, i have to figure out a life plan this time so im going slow..